Saturday, May 26, 2012

Voice Acting

It's no secret among those who know me that I always wanted to be a voice actor for animation.

Then I see the amazing job Mark Hamill (yes, that Mark Hamill, aka Luke Skywalker from "Star Wars") does when he portrays the Batman character of The Joker -- a role he's played for over 20 years now, starting back with Paul Dini's and Bruce Timm's groundbreaking Batman: The Animated Series.


I sometimes flatter myself that I have a little bit of voice talent.  Then I see something like this, and it puts me right in my place.  It's a video including footage from the recording sessions for an amazing video game, Batman: Arkham City.  Even if you don't care about comics, videogames or cartoons, this is worth a look simply to see a craftsman at the absolute top of his game:


For what it's worth, if you are interested in playing this -- one of the best games, ever, period -- the release date at the end of the video is in error.  The Game Of The Year Edition will be released on this coming Tuesday, May 29th, and NOT in September.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment