Friday, September 17, 2010

Back to School

A couple of weeks ago my daughter started her senior year of high school.  The search for a college is, if not quite in high gear, certainly moving into a higher one.  Next Thursday is my last "Back to School" night for her, an opportunity to meet her teachers and get a sense of her curriculum this year.  My wife and I have never missed one, not since Kindergarten, and it's hard to believe that the last one is here.

The following Saturday she will turn 18 and become a legal adult.

I love the person she is developing into, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss being able to pick her up, or hold her on my lap, or hold her hand crossing the street.  Now I use my hand to wave goodbye as she drives off in her new car.  (Hey, she's 18; plus, we wanted her to be as safe as possible, so all the latest safety bells and whistles are included in her new vehicle.)

Man, it went by FAST.

Time, that is.  Not the new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment