Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So Much For Promises....

As I try to build myself back up from major surgery last June, I am astonished that I have so little time and energy to blog! I really wanted to make this a daily thing. I do try to write something every day, and have done so for years, but in a journal form rather than online. Old habits die hard, I guess. All I'll say for now is that I wish I could sleep, and that I wish I could turn everybody on to sequential art -- otherwise known as comics. "Blackest Night" is one of the most thought-provoking series of stories I have ever read, and I will be most interested in seeing what DC Comics continues to do with the idea of all of our dead coming back to, quite literally, haunt us. The thought of the corpse of my mother showing up to rip my heart out in order to further some unknown agenda is truly frightening, and DC's writers are capturing that fear beautifully. It's not too late to hit the local comics shop and get caught up, but if that doesn't suit you, start picking up the collected trade paperbacks when they come out. You will not be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment